Machine Learning Engineer
About the Company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics' mission is to revolutionize the production and post-production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. They are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in their team.
Wonder Dynamics is backed by Epic Games, Samsung, Horizons Ventures (a Hong Kong VC firm with early investments in Skype, Siri, Facebook and more) and Founders Fund, a leading Silicon Valley VC that funded some giants like Space X, Facebook, Spotify, DeepMind, etc.
Their Advisory Board consists of leaders in Hollywood and Silicon Valley:
Joshua Baer, founder/CEO of Capital Factory;
Terry Dougas, Producer and financier of Film and TV. Founder of Rhea Films,1821 Media
Angjoo Kanazawa, assistant professor at UC Berkeley and Google research scientist;
Joe Russo Director, screenwriter, and Producer (directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame)
Robert Schwab - Private equity investor, President, and CEO of R&L Properties.
Steven Spielberg - Film director, producer, and screenwriter
Antonio Torralba - Professor and Head of AI and Decision making, EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Gregory Trattner - President, Film Finances Inc. (World leader in completion guarantees and film services)
About the role
The ideal candidate will bring passion for AI, innovative technologies, the film industry, and experience in the fields of computer vision and computer graphics with a focus on machine learning. You will design and implement cutting-edge machine learning algorithms in the fields of visual effects, motion capturing, rendering, as well as in many other film production areas.
What we are looking for
- 2 years of experience, or an advanced degree (MSc).
- Experience in applied Deep Learning (DL) and Computer Vision (CV) concepts including but are not limited to: CNNs, RNNs, Autoencoders, Transfer Learning.
- Hands-on experience (academic and/or industrial) in 3D Pose Estimation and Motion reconstruction from images and videos
- Proficiency in general purpose programming languages: Python, and C++.
- Experience with ML frameworks such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- The ideal candidate would be very well acquainted with Computer Graphics techniques, Neural Rendering, and Numerical Optimization
- (Optional) Knowledge of 3D packages such as Blender, Maya, or any game engine technology
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
Why should you consider joining us?
At the intersection of film and technology, this job will offer a very unique experience, and you will be exposed to a diverse set of fields spanning from film production and visual effects to AI, machine learning, and computer vision. Because we are operating in the state-of-the-art territory, there will always be something new to learn on the horizon. We highly value our team and the support of our co-workers and strive to create the best environment to work in.
This is a mid- or senior-level engineering role and we offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options, and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent, and open manner.
FLEXIBLE WORK OPTIONS: Remote, in-office & hybrid opportunities available..