Junior Machine Learning Engineer
About the Company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics' mission is to revolutionize the production and post-production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. They are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in their team.
Wonder Dynamics is backed by Epic Games, Samsung, Horizons Ventures (a Hong Kong VC firm with early investments in Skype, Siri, Facebook and more) and Founders Fund, a leading Silicon Valley VC that funded some giants like Space X, Facebook, Spotify, DeepMind, etc.
Their Advisory Board consists of leaders in Hollywood and Silicon Valley:
Joshua Baer, founder/CEO of Capital Factory;
Terry Dougas, Producer and financier of Film and TV. Founder of Rhea Films,1821 Media
Angjoo Kanazawa, assistant professor at UC Berkeley and Google research scientist;
Joe Russo Director, screenwriter, and Producer (directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame)
Robert Schwab - Private equity investor, President, and CEO of R&L Properties.
Steven Spielberg - Film director, producer, and screenwriter
Antonio Torralba - Professor and Head of AI and Decision making, EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Gregory Trattner - President, Film Finances Inc. (World leader in completion guarantees and film services)
What we are looking for
- Strong understanding of modern Machine Learning concepts
- Experience (academic or industry) in Computer Vision and Deep Learning with a focus on 3D body and motion reconstruction from images and videos, Generative deep learning methods, esp. for image generation, and/or Reinforcement learning
- The ideal candidate would be acquainted with Computer Graphics techniques, Neural Rendering, and Numerical Optimization
- Proficiency in general purpose programming languages: Python, and/or C++.
- Experience with ML frameworks such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- Research work and publications in the fields of Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and/or Computer Vision
- (Optional) Knowledge of 3D packages such as Blender, Maya or any game engine technology
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
Why should you consider joining us?
At the intersection of film and technology, this job will offer a very unique experience, and you will be exposed to a diverse set of fields spanning from film production and visual effects to AI, machine learning, and computer vision. Because we are operating in the state-of-the-art territory, there will always be something new to learn on the horizon. We highly value our team and the support of our co-workers and strive to create the best environment to work in.
We offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.
FLEXIBLE WORK OPTIONS: Remote, in-office & hybrid opportunities available...