Senior System Administrator
About the Company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics is an LA-based start up founded by Actor/Producer, Tye Sheridan who’s starred in films like Ready Player One, X-Men: Apocalypse, Mud and VFX Supervisor/Filmmaker Nikola Todorovic. Their mission is to revolutionize the production and post-production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. They are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in their team.
Wonder Dynamics is backed by Epic Games, Samsung, Horizons Ventures (a Hong Kong VC firm with early investments in Skype, Siri, Facebook and more) and Founders Fund, a leading Silicon Valley VC that funded some giants like Space X, Facebook, Spotify, DeepMind, etc.)
Their Advisory Board consists of leaders in Hollywood and Silicon Valley:
- Joshua Baer, founder/CEO of Capital Factory;
- Terry Dougas, Producer and financier of Film and TV. Founder of Rhea Films,1821 Media
- Angjoo Kanazawa, assistant professor at UC Berkeley and Google research scientist;
- Joe Russo Director, screenwriter, and Producer (directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame)
- Robert Schwab - Private equity investor, President, and CEO of R&L Properties.
- Steven Spielberg - Film director, producer, and screenwriter
- Antonio Torralba - Professor and Head of AI and Decision making, EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Gregory Trattner - President, Film Finances Inc. (World leader in completion guarantees and film services)
About the Role:
Wonder Dynamics is looking for an experienced System Administrator who’s eager to use and grow his or her technological skills. In this role, you will protect our critical information, systems and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, and provide training to new IT members. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership and responsibility of the company’s IT department. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to improve the overall success and functionality of the company.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, networks and peripherals
- Planning, procurement, installation and service of hardware and software platforms according to the needs of the company.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated hardware when necessary
- Data protection, privacy, authorized access, registration of harmful activities of users, as well as unwanted burglary of information systems;
- Firewall and antivirus management
- Development of information infrastructure
- Minimum high school or university degree in IT or electrical engineering
- Preference for certified courses in System Administration, Networks and Cybersecurity/Information Security
- 3+ years Unix / Linux Systems Administration experience (Ubuntu preferred)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, VLAN, routing, firewall, VPN, NFS, SMB, iSCSI)
- Good knowledge of network-attached storage systems and data backup/recovery
- Knowledge of network security
- Good communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members
- Intermediate knowledge of the English language, both written and verbal
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Windows and MacOS is desirable
- Scripting (Bash/Shell, Python)
- Knowledge of Docker and Git
- Knowledge of server hardware and any of the listed server virtualization software: VMware vSphere, Proxmox VE, Citrix Hypervisor, Hyper-V
- Experience with the hybrid workplace model and its implementation
Why should you consider joining us?
At the intersection of film and technology, this job will offer a very unique experience, and you will be exposed to a diverse set of fields spanning from film production and visual effects to AI, machine learning, and computer vision. Because we are operating in the state-of-the-art territory, there will always be something new to learn on the horizon. We highly value our team and the support of our co-workers and strive to create the best environment to work in.
We offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.